Jack93racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Wheel offset

3 posters

Go down

Front Wheel offset Empty Wheel offsets

Post  openwheel44 Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:49 am

I try to keep the offset around 3-4 inches so the wheel is more centered over the king pin. This creates an easier feel in the steering. Don't have to muscle the car so much. With the wheel also "tucked in" it pins the front on entry to the corner for winged racing. For non-winged racing, less offset might help in some instances because first, you are looking for leftside bias in the car. Secondly, during "right lock" on the steering, the RF wheel is rolled back and down more due to the less offset coupled with king pin angle creating a sort of weight jacking to load the LR. The main thing you have to consider when placing the RF is where is the RR in relation to it. But that's another story for another time.

openwheel44

Back to top Go down

Front Wheel offset Empty wheel offset

Post  Bob Franklin Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:28 am

The result of using wheel offset in front is the same as the rear. That is, it will decrease right front side bite and grip if you move it out. So............if the RF is sticking too much, then move it out. I never adjust the RF offset. Usually I adjust the rear to compensate for track conditions.

Bob Franklin

Back to top Go down

Front Wheel offset Empty Front Wheel offset

Post  Jack Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:38 am

Phil / Bob

I was thinking about buying a right front wheel with a little more offset to move that tire out. The bailey front axle is move over to the right 2" or so. The right front I am currently running has a 2" back spacing now. Would it be beneficial to buy another right front with less backspace to move that tire out more? Would that give me more grip on tackey tracks and less on try slick tracks?

Thanks, Mark
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Front Wheel offset Empty Re: Front Wheel offset

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down